Chidori is available in the following two styles.
- Basic Kit
- Expansion Kit (numeric keypad. It does not work by itself. It must be connected to the Basic Kit.)
This kit is to be assembled by soldering all the parts.
What is Chidori?
Chidori is a 48-key orthodox split type, the same as Let's Split. The open, colorful electronic components make it a mechanical keyboard that is fun to look at. By adding an expansion kit to the basic kit, a unique 3-split keyboard can be realized.
Other features are as follows.
- Orthogonal layout (Ortholinear)
- No ProMicro
- Relatively easy to assemble with all through-hole components
- Can be divided into three parts by adding an expansion kit
- Reversible bottom plate with staggered pattern
- Diodes are vertically aligned
- Pre-written firmware
About expansion kit
The expansion kit can add numeric keypad functions to the basic kit.
- Supports 2U keys at three positions: "0" (lower left), "+" (upper center), "Enter" (lower center)
- Includes 2U stabilizers
- All 24 keys can be configured as 1U
It can be used as a numeric keypad or as a macro pad.
Note: The expansion kit does not work by itself. Be sure to connect it to the basic kit before use.
- This kit is to be assembled by soldering all the parts. Since all parts are through-hole components, the difficulty level is lower than other keyboards from Kagizaraya, but there are many parts.
- You will need to purchase some parts separately to complete the kit. See here for details.
- The expansion kit does not work by itself. Please use it by connecting it to the basic kit.
- This kit is compatible with Cherry MX compatible keyswitches only.
Parts required separately
In order to complete the kit, you will need to obtain the following parts separately.
- Cherry MX compatible key switches
- Key caps
The following sites are recommended for purchasing key switches and key caps in Japan.
All other necessary parts are included. Refer to the assembly manual for details on the included items.
How to assemble
Please refer to the following page for assembly instructions.
If you have any questions or problems, please contact us.
The photo is a sample and not the same as the product. Specifications are subject to change without notice.