This kit requires all the components to be soldered, but if you purchase this kit together with the "Soldering Service", you will receive the kit with all the surface mount components soldered and the firmware written, although it will take a little time.
What is MiniAxe LP?
MiniAxe LP is a compact keyboard with 36 keys for practical use. It has the following features.
- No ProMicro
- No matrix diodes
- All parts are surface mount device
- Using USB OTG cable between the left/right keyboards
It is a little hard to complete and use it, but I think you can feel a sense of accomplishment and satisfaction.
- This is a kit where all the parts are soldered and assembled. Difficulty level is a little high.
- Some parts need to be purchased separately in order to complete the project. See here for details.
- This kit is compatible with Kailh low profile keyswitches only (Cherry MX compatible keyswitch compatible version is here).
Parts required separately
In order to complete the kit, you need to prepare the following parts separately.
- Kailh low-profile key switches (official support for linear and tactile only)
- Keycaps for Kailh low profile key switches
- Micro USB cable (For connecting to PC)
To purchase key switches and key caps, the following sites are recommended in Japan.
How to build
Please refer to how to build on the following pages.
if you have any questions please contact us.
This kit includes the following parts.
- 2 PCBs
- 5 Resistances (10 kΩ)
- 5 Resistances (22 Ω)
- 5 Capacitors (1 μF)
- 3 Capacitors (0.1 μF)
- 5 Capacitors (22 pF)
- 2 Schottky diodes
- 2 Crystal oscillators (16 MHz)
- 2 MPUs (ATMEGA32U4)
- 4 USB connectors (Micro B female)
- 2 Tact switches
- 36 Switch sockets
- 8 M2 screws (8 mm)
- 8 M2 screws (4 mm)
- 8 M2 resin spacer (3 mm)
- 8 M2 metal spacer (3.5 mm)
- 2 Top plate
- 2 Bottom plate
- 10 rubber feets
- 1 USB Micro b
- Micro b cable
MiniAxe LP Soldering Service
Only surface mount components are to be soldered.
Firmware is already written.
After delivery, you will need to do the following
- Screw in the plate
- Installation of the keyswitch (not included in the kit)
- Installation of the key cap (not included in the kit)
The picture is a sample and not the same as the product. Specifications are subject to change without notice.