Scythe offers acrylic laminated cases in the following two colors.
This kit requires all the components to be soldered, but if you purchase this kit together with the "Soldering Service", you will receive the kit with all the surface mount components soldered and the firmware written, although it will take a little time.
What is Scythe?
Scythe is a 60% split keyboard kit with a symmetric layout. Recommended for those who want to try a slightly different layout. In addition, it has the following features.
- Acrylic case (white or black (gray smoke))
- Left and right hand bottom row, right hand top row right side, right "Shift" layout can be selected
- Uses USB Type-C
- Optional Backlight / Underglow support
Since ProMicro is not used for the controller, it is necessary to solder the surface mount parts such as MCU to the board by hand. Although it is difficult to assemble, you can get a great sense of fulfillment once the kit is complete.
- This is a kit where all the parts are soldered and assembled. Difficulty level is a little high.
- Some parts need to be purchased separately in order to complete the project. See here for details.
- This kit is compatible with Cherry MX compatible keyswitches only.
Parts required separately
The following parts must be purchased separately to complete the kit.
- Key switches (CherryMX compatible) x 61-65 (depending on layout)
- USB Type-C cable for PC connection
- (Optional) Backlight 3mm bullet-type LED x 61-65 (depending on layout), Backlight resistance 470Ω x 61-65 (depending on layout)
- (Optional) Underglow LED tape (preferred length)
The following sites are recommended for purchase of key switches and key caps in Japan.
How to build
Please refer to how to build on the following pages.
if you have any questions please contact us.
This kit includes the following parts.
- PCB x 2
- Capacitor 1μF x 5
- Resistor 22Ω x 5
- Resistor 10kΩ x 5
- Resistor 5.1kΩ x 5
- Capacitor 22pF x 5
- Capacitor 0.1μF × 3
- Crystal Resonator 16MHz x 2
- Schottky Diode x 2
- Tact Switch x 2
- Poly-switch × 2
- MPU ATMEGA32U4 x 2
- USB connector Type-C female × 4
- Diode × 66
- Stabilizer pedestal × 12
- Stabilizer axis x 12
- Stabilizer wire x 6
- Top plate x 2
- Bottom plate × 2
- Middle Plate x 4
- M2 Spacer 6mm x 18
- M2 Screw 5mm x 36
- Rubber Feet (Small) x 10
- Rubber Feet (Large) x 4
- USB Type-C Cable x 1
- Resistor 1kΩ x 3
- FET x 3
The parts to be soldered are surface mount parts only.
The firmware has already been written.
After delivery, the following soldering work is required.
- Key switch
- Backlight LED (optional)
- LED tape for Underglow (optional)
The picture is a sample and not the same as the product. Specifications are subject to change without notice.