The Scythe DIY keyboard kit requires soldering all the electoric parts (slighty difficult). In order to complete, some parts(switches/keycaps) must be purchased separately.
Scythe is available in two styles and two color combinations. The combinations available for purchase are as follows.
- Normal (all parts need to be soldered)
What is Scythe?
Scythe is a 60% split keyboard kit with a symmetric layout. Recommended for those who want to try a slightly different layout. In addition, it has the following features.
- Acrylic case (white or black (gray smoke))
- Left and right hand bottom row, right hand top row right side, right "Shift" layout can be selected
- Uses USB Type-C
- Optional Backlight / Underglow support
Since ProMicro is not used for the controller, it is necessary to solder the surface mount parts such as MCU to the board by hand. Although it is difficult to assemble, you can get a great sense of fulfillment once the kit is complete.
Parts that need to be purchased separately
The following parts must be purchased separately to complete the kit.
- Key switches (CherryMX compatible) x 61-65 (depending on layout)
- USB Type-C cable for PC connection
- (Optional) Backlight 3mm bullet-type LED x 61-65 (depending on layout), Backlight resistance 470Ω x 61-65 (depending on layout)
- (Optional) Underglow LED tape (preferred length)
The following sites are recommended for purchase of key switches and key caps in Japan.
All other necessary parts are included. Refer to the assembly instructions for details on the included items.
The photo is a sample and not the same as the product. Specifications are subject to change without notice.